The OLC Group has established the OLC Group Compliance Code, which sets forth rules for executives and employees on corporate ethics and legal compliance.
All our Group executives and employees will adhere to the highest ethical standards in compliance with the law and social norms, and will act upon the following codes.
- Make safety the primary concern.
- Respect human rights and prevent discrimination and harassment.
- Be fair and transparent in all interactions.
- Protect all confidential information, including personal data.
- Take resolute action against anti-social elements.
Our Group has put together business guidelines for all its directors and employees as part of its commitment to the highest standards of corporate conduct in all of its dealings. Content of the Business Guidelines is handed out to all employees based on their employment category and roles through mediums such as booklets and intranet.
Based on the underlying values of integrity and sincerity, the Business Guidelines clarify the need for each and every employee to make a dedicated effort to put into practice their commitment to compliance in all aspects of their work.
- Prioritize health and safety (deadline management, workplace safety/environment/health management, overtime work, etc.)
- Respect human rights (prohibition of engagement in child labor and forced labor, ensuring that publicity activities are in consideration of human rights, prohibition of all kinds of harassment, etc.)
- Ensure fair transactions (fair selection of suppliers, compliance with the Antimonopoly Act and Subcontract Act, prohibition of bribery, etc.)
- Ensure information management (management of personal information, protection of intellectual property, precautions in using social media, etc.)
- Address anti-social elements appropriately (with resolute behavior and actions)
Our Group has established a Compliance Committee chaired by an individual appointed by the President to ensure the legality of all our Group dealings and embed the spirit of compliance in every business function.
Any time our Group becomes aware of a serious incident involving improper executive or employee conduct or a violation of laws, regulations or company policy, this committee will conduct the necessary investigations and report to the chairman of the committee, the President and an auditor.
In addition, all cases where consultation is sought are periodically reported to the Compliance Committee, the President, the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors.
In FY 2021 no serious law violation occurred.
We have established a contact point for employees wishing to report any instances of improper conduct including any types of harassment and improper information management within or without our Group.
We also offer such contact points for each employment category and our Group company to make it easier for employees to seek counseling for any potential issues.
Furthermore, we also provide a dedicated contact point for suppliers as a means of identifying, at an early stage, any violation or suspected violation of compliance by an executive or employee of our Group with regard to their relationship with a supplier.
In order to ensure the effectiveness of this whistleblower/consulter system, internal regulations clearly specify their anonymity, and that whistleblowers and consulters shall not receive unfair treatments.
Our Group provides training on compliance-related issues at least once a year so that all of our employees understand and are aware of their legal and ethical obligations. Specifically, we offer seminars presented by guest lecturers, e-learning, group discussions and other programs for employees of all categories as part of ongoing efforts to provide compliance education appropriate for their respective roles.
Moreover, for managerial staff, we offer education and awareness programs on an ongoing basis with a particular focus on enhancing their alertness, encouraging dialogues and promoting a sense of ownership and willingness to spontaneously take action.
A questionnaire survey of employees is periodically conducted to monitor the status of compliance at fixed points in time as well as to identify any violations.