Oriental Land Co., Ltd. was established in 1960 with the purpose of contributing to the cultural life of the nation and the welfare of Japanese citizens.
What the OLC Group has consistently offered to the public is a unique brand of happiness not to be found anywhere else. While the OLC Group has been expanding its business from Theme Parks to Theme Resorts and other services, its core values have remained unchanged, namely, a commitment to “helping people feel more invigorated by offering wonderful dreams, moving experiences, delight and contentment” under the guiding principle of “spreading happiness.”
Based on our corporate mission of “creating happiness and contentment by offering wonderful dreams and moving experiences created with original, imaginative ideas,” our aim is to help create a future filled with dreams that enrich people’s lives.
This is why our Corporate Social Responsibility revolves around the Group’s Five Values.
- We engage in Theme Park operations with top priority on safety.
- We are determined to ensure greater transparency and fairness in corporate management by strengthening corporate governance and compliance.
- We strive to build partnerships with suppliers to fulfill social responsibility throughout the entire supply chain.
Shareholders and investors
Measures Taken to Enhance Safety on Castle Carrousel
Tokyo Disney Resort
We are remodeling the facility to further enhance safety when getting on and off.
In FY 2019, the height of the floor surrounding the attraction was raised to align with the attraction floor so as to prevent Guests from tripping over when getting on and off the seats.
- We engage in a variety of initiatives not only to improve our employee’s workplace environment so that they can continue to work in good physical and mental health and with peace of mind, but also to realize their full potential and help them work efficiently.
- We encourage employees to understand, interact with, and support one another to enhance our distinctive corporate culture, while supporting them to gain a tangible sense of personal growth and fulfillment in their work and to work with peace of mind.
Theme Park Operation employees
On February 1, 2020, we established a new employee category named “Theme Park Operation employees.”
The employees are selected mainly from among Cast Members working for Oriental Land, as well as all other eligible employees on an application basis. They specialize in operational tasks at our Theme Parks, assuming the role of directly serving Guests at the forefront.
- Focusing on the increasingly diverse needs of our Guests including families of various forms and visitors from abroad, we are determined to constantly deliver greater happiness to our customers and society at large through business activities that embody a broader social perspective.
- We listen to what our Guests have to say and share it internally to make improvements across a broad spectrum of areas including safety, services and facilities.
Licensors, business partners
- Leveraging our unique corporate feature of delivering happiness to Guests and society, we engage in a variety of community programs for children, with whom our business is profoundly involved.
- In particular, we aim to foster the next generation and contribute to developing the local community by engaging in activities for children.
- We support people affected by large-scale disasters on an ongoing basis.
Partners for collaboration (NPO, NGO, etc.)
Disney Dreamers Experience
Tokyo Disney Resort
The Disney Dreamers Experience, a program that started in 2015 for fifth- and sixth-graders at elementary school, aims to provide participants with an enjoyable opportunity to interact and share experiences with inspirational Cast Members—who are themselves driven by an unwavering commitment to their dreams—and to think about their own aspirations.
During FY 2019, the program was held five times—in May, July, August and December 2019 and February 2020—for a total of 120 children nationwide.
- We are committed to working in harmony with the environment in all our businesses in order to continue offering wonderful dreams and moving experiences to future generations.
- With regard to climate change, we are working to take adaptation measures in order to minimize the impact of rising temperatures on our Guests, in addition to reducing emissions of greenhouse gases in our efforts to mitigate their impact.
Reducing Use of Disposable Plastic
The OLC Group undertakes environmental activities in line with Our Environmental Policy.
We replaced plastic straws provided at restaurants at our Theme Parks and some hotels with paper straws in March 2019. Furthermore, we also began using paper cups instead of plastic cups to serve beer at Tokyo DisneySea in September 2019.
In addition, we started charging for the plastic shopping bags for merchandise purchases at locations within Tokyo Disney Resort, including Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, from October 2020.