Oriental Land Co., Ltd. was established in 1960 with the purpose of contributing to the cultural life of the nation and the welfare of Japanese citizens.
What the OLC Group has consistently offered to the public is a unique brand of happiness not to be found anywhere else. While the OLC Group has been expanding its business from Theme Parks to Theme Resorts and other services, its core values have remained unchanged, namely, a commitment to “helping people feel more invigorated by offering magical dreams, moving experiences, delight and contentment” under the guiding principle of “spreading happiness.”
Based on our corporate mission of “creating happiness and contentment by offering wonderful dreams and moving experiences created with original, imaginative ideas,” our aim is to help create a future filled with dreams that enrich people’s lives.
This is why our Corporate Social Responsibility revolves around the Group’s Five Values.
- We engage in Theme Park operations with top priority on Guests’ safety.
- We are determined to ensure greater transparency and fairness in corporate management by strengthening corporate governance and compliance.
- We strive to build partnerships with suppliers to fulfill social responsibility throughout the entire supply chain.
Shareholders and investors
Measures Taken to Enhance Safety on The Whirlpool
Tokyo Disney Resort's
In FY 2018, the height of The Whirlpool backrest was increased to prevent Guests from stretching their arms outside the ride. We repeatedly reconsidered the materials and design so that the views of children on the ride would not be blocked by the heightened backrest.
- We engage in a variety of initiatives not only to improve our employee’s workplace environment so that they can continue to work in good physical and mental health and with peace of mind, but also to realize their full potential and help them work efficiently.
- We encourage employees to understand, interact with, and support one another to enhance our distinctive corporate culture, while supporting them to gain a tangible sense of personal growth and fulfillment in their work and to work with peace of mind.
Supporting Career Building: OLC Career College
We established OLC Career College for Cast Members in October 2018. Through a variety of seminars, workshops and career consultation services provided at this college, we are offering strengthened support to Cast Members in their career building. College attendees have voiced such comments as, “I now understand the advantages of being a Cast Member,” and “The program has prompted me to think about my career.”
- Focusing on the increasingly diverse needs of our Guests including families of various forms and visitors from abroad, we are determined to constantly deliver greater happiness to our customers and society at large through business activities that embody a broader social perspective.
- We listen to what our Guests have to say and share it internally to make improvements across a broad spectrum of areas including safety, services and facilities.
Licensors, business partners
- Leveraging our unique corporate feature of delivering happiness to Guests and society, we engage in a variety of social contribution activities for children, with whom our business is profoundly involved.
- In particular, we aim to foster the next generation and contribute to developing the local community by engaging in activities to foster and support children.
- We support people affected by large-scale disasters on an ongoing basis through activities aimed to deliver smiles on the faces of children.
Partners for collaboration (NPO, NGO, etc.)
Special Set Meals with Donation at Employee Dining Halls
On two days of each month since November 2011, we have been offering a special set meal called “We Are One” at the seven dining halls for employees located on our premises.
The price of the special set meal includes a 30-yen donation, which, along with a matching donation by Oriental Land Co., Ltd., goes toward presenting necessary supplies to elementary schools affected by earthquake disasters. As of April 2019, we have supported a total of 162 schools in Iwate, Miyagi and Fukushima Prefectures.
In June 2018, we donated books and geometry sets to two elementary schools in Minamisoma, Fukushima Prefecture.
- We are committed to working in harmony with the environment in all our businesses so that we may continue offering magical dreams and moving experiences to future generations.
- With regard to climate change, we are working to take adaptation measures in order to minimize the impact of rising temperatures on our Guests, in addition to reducing emissions of greenhouse gases in our efforts to mitigate their impact.
Energy Management System
Our proprietary energy management system (EMS) visualizes electricity consumption within our Theme Parks. The EMS collects and analyzes data on energy consumption using IT through sensors attached to all facilities in the two Theme Parks. This system has enabled us to identify inconsistent or wasteful electricity use by monitoring the operation hours and temperature settings of air conditioners, and the lighting time and illumination level settings of lighting equipment, among other factors, and to implement measures to make improvements based on collaborations with organizations across our Theme Parks, contributing to the establishment of a PDCA cycle for CO2 emissions reduction.
In recognition of our organizational EMS-based energy-saving initiative, we received the 2018 Minister of the Environment Award for Global Warming Prevention Activity in the category for practical environmental measures and proliferation.